Friday, January 28, 2011

A Promise

'Took-took man'

I asked this man if I could take a picture of him, so that I can tell people in England how kind he was...



He saw me walking in the heat, and offered me a lift as the bus was a while away. When I got in with my colleague he heard us speaking in English and was totally mesmerised.
He couldn't understand why anyone from England would come here!


When I went to pay him, he wouldn't accept, instead he dropped me to my destination and got out, bought us cold mango juice and welcomed me to Sudan. He insisted I am a guest, and welcomed me to his town.

He loved the fact that I had come to teach English in his small town, and that he got to listen to a 'native' English speaker!

A true gent, so kind.

(Wad Medani)

No comments:

Post a Comment